Thursday, September 2, 2010

**^_^ *September 1, 2010* ~Kayla Blackburn~

Yesterday's lecture was called Learning, Wisdom, and The African Experience. 
Objectives:
  • reflect on African Foundations for Intellectual Work at Howard and in the Human Community
  • sketch outline that traces the connection between learning and wisdom
  • open personal pathway for engagement and renewal
  1.  I learned about Djehuty and his sister/ wife Seshat. Seshat invented numbers while her husband/brother invented letters. Both of them are of African ancestory.
  2.  I also learned the three authorities in the classroom: teacher, text, and student. All three of these authorities rely on each other and if one fall short, its up to the remaining two to pick up the slack to progress the learning experience in the classroom.
  3.  After sitting in this lecture I made a choice to go back home upon graduation and help bring up my community. I always thought that I wouldn't go back home because there's only crime, corruption, and a bad economy in Memphis. Those same reasons that were preventing me from going home is now pushing me towards home. The speaker said that learning is no good if only your benefited by it. Many organizations gave me scholarships so that I can go off and recieve an education else where so that I may come back and use my education and college experience to better my community.

No comments:

Post a Comment